Love Is In The Air Release Day!

Hey Crafters!

Today's the day you've been waiting for! The January 2018 Stamp of Approval release is live in the Catherine Pooler Designs shop! Find it here.



To celebrate the release of this fabulous collection, I'm sharing a card with you that reflects one of my loves: travelling! Where is your most favorite place you've ever been? I'd love to hear about your travel adventures, so leave a comment and share your stories! Y'all wouldn't BELIEVE some of the crazy stuff that has happened to me while going abroad. Seriously....you can't make this stuff up!

You'll want to reach for the stamps and dies from the Bon Voyage set and various Catherine Pooler Designs inks. I also pulled in one of the stamps from The World Awaits stamp set--don't you love to challenge yourselves by combining stamps from different sets?



Cut and score a 4.25 x 5.5 inch card base and set it aside. Do yourself a favor and use Catherine Pooler Designs premium white cardstock, because it's PERFECT for card bases. It's thick and sturdy! Stamp the suitcase images on some cardstock scraps, because you'll be die cutting them. Also, can we just take a minute to complain about the fact that there is a DEPRESSING lack of cute luggage on the market that does not also cost 1 skillion dollars? I feel like my expectations are low...give me something relatively cute and that won't require me to take out a 2nd mortgage on my house to own. Unreasonable?! I think not.



Back to the card base. Use a second generation stamping technique to stamp the faded compasses on the background and then double stamp the sentiment in the center of the card to create the focal point. Use the heart/arrow images on either side of the sentiment to create the look of movement.



Glue the die cut suitcases on to the card base as well, and then finish off the card by stamping the border image on the bottom.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you're inspired to do some fun creating with your Stamp of Approval collection! We are having TONS of fun over at StampNation gabbing about the release. Now is a perfect time to join us as a member! Find out more information about StampNation here

Bon Voyage,
Kelly

No comments